This policy was last updated on September 23, 2014
What is KIDZ BOP/KIDZBOP.com?
KIDZ BOP records kid-friendly versions of today’s biggest pop music hits sung by kids, for kids. KIDZ BOP is a safe, fun way for families to enjoy music in their daily lives at home and in the car. On KIDZBOP.com, families can sample music from KIDZ BOP albums, watch the KIDZ BOP videos, learn how to tune into KIDZ BOP Radio and find out more about the KIDZ BOP Kids and live concert dates. There is a KIDZ BOP Shop which sells family-friendly compilation CDs. The products we sell are intended to be purchased by adults for children. The KIDZ BOP Shop does not solicit Personal Identification from children.
Our website, KIDZBOP.com, is hosted by KIDZ BOP, LLC a USA company with offices at 214 Sullivan Street 4th Floor NY, NY 10012.
Information we collect
At KIDZBOP.com it’s our policy to collect a minimum amount of information from our visitors. There is no registration process but users can sign up for our email newsletters. Anyone wishing to sign up for email newsletters will be asked for the following information: first name, date of birth, email address, zip code. Your email address will never be revealed by us on the site and will never be shared with a 3rd Party for any reason outside of delivering and maintaining your email choice to receive our newsletter. KIDZ BOP, LLC is the sole owner of all information collected on KIDZBOP.com.
Information we collect from children
If you are 12 or under you will need your parent’s permission to register for the newsletter. We will collect your parent’s email address, notify them and seek consent. KIDZBOP.com has engaged PRIVO and uses the secure PRIVO-Lock™ system to register your child and to obtain your consent. PRIVO-Lock™ provides parents with the tools necessary to administer their online activities on ours and on a growing number of web and mobile services. If we do not receive parent permission we will delete you and your child’s email address within reasonable time.
Third party cookies
Information sharing and disclosure
Information sharing and disclosure
KIDZ BOP, LLC does not share, rent or trade personally identifying information about our users, including kids under 13, with 3rd Parties (i.e., companies who are not providing support to the internal operations of our company).
KIDZ BOP, LLC may share other information submitted on its site – non-personal information – to provide requested products or services, if permission is granted, or under the following circumstances:
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders and other legal processes, or make use of information in exercising our legal rights or establishing defense against legal claims.
• We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
• We work with third party Google Analytics to better understand your use of the site and provide you with a better service. Google Analytics is prohibited from sharing your data. For more information on Google Analytics click here.
• Parents and legal guardians of kids who have registered for KIDZBOP.com email newsletters have certain rights under COPPA, and KIDZ BOP, LLC recognizes those rights. Parents/guardians can consent to collection and use of a child’s email address without consenting to the disclosure of information to third parties. If a parent revokes consent, we will delete the email address within a reasonable time period.
• Parents/guardians contact our Customer Services department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents should include their (parent/guardian) email address in the email so we can better assist them with their inquiry or request. KIDZ BOP may ask additional questions or take other steps to verify the identity of parents/guardians before responding to a request to review or delete their child’s information.
Links to other sites
Opting out of newsletters, amending or deleting your email address
If you no longer wish to receive any communications from KIDZBOP.com, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each email. You may also communicate with us via email at email@example.com – if you wish to amend or delete your email address. If you would like to contact us in writing, please post your mail to: KIDZ BOP, LLC, 214 Sullivan Street 4th Floor NY, NY 10012.
Confidentiality and Security
Information a user or child submits to KIDZBOP.com is password-protected. No employee of KIDZ BOP, LLC nor any automated system will contact a user or parent by email or using the KIDZBOP.com mail address. If any message claiming or appearing to come from KIDZ BOP or any of its related websites is sent to you asking for such information, please report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send us an email at email@example.com
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Questions and suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at: Attn: Customer Service, KIDZ BOP, 214 Sullivan Street 4th Floor NY, NY 10012
KIDZ BOP is a Member of the PRIVO’s PRIVO Cert™ Safe Harbor Certification Program (“the Program”). As a participating member in the Program, KIDZ BOP adheres to the strict information collection, use and disclosure requirements set forth by the Program. PRIVO is an independent, third party organization committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online. PRIVO aims to help parents and their children exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet. The PRIVO certification seal posted on this page indicates that KIDZ BOP has established COPPA compliant privacy practices and has agreed to submit to PRIVO’s oversight and consumer dispute resolution process. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at 212-473-9173 or email@example.com. If you have further concerns after you have contacted us, you can contact PRIVO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.